Re: Checkout of Emacs CVS through firewall

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Checkout of Emacs CVS through firewall
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 14:55:00 +0200

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:44:46 -0400, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> Offhand it sounds like something that should be fixed in nt/configure.bat.

From revision 1.1, nt/configure.bat has had:

   if not exist ..\lisp\Makefile.unix rename ..\lisp\Makefile Makefile.unix

In 1.5, Eli changed it to

   if not exist ..\lisp\Makefile.unix rename ..\lisp\Makefile.in Makefile.unix

Curiously, the log says: "Don't copy lisp/Makefile, it doesn't exist;
copy lisp/Makefile.in instead."

I'm going to ask Eli what's the purpose of this line and whether it cold
be changed to really copy, instead of moving.

With respect to installing in place, we're almost there.  Renaming back
Makefile.unix to Makefile.in, I'm able to "tla update" after a
compilation. However, I get a kind of warning:

  These apparent source files lack inventory ids:

  etc/DOC-X
  leim/quail/4Corner.el
  leim/quail/ARRAY30.el
  leim/quail/PY-b5.el
  leim/quail/Punct-b5.el
  leim/quail/Punct.el
  leim/quail/QJ-b5.el
  lib-src/DOC

  * reverting changes
  D   etc/DOC-X
  D   leim/quail/4Corner.el
  D   leim/quail/ARRAY30.el
  D   leim/quail/CTLau-b5.el
  D   leim/quail/CTLau.el
  D   leim/quail/PY-b5.el
  D   leim/quail/Punct-b5.el
  D   leim/quail/Punct.el
  D   leim/quail/QJ-b5.el
  D   lib-src/DOC
  * updating for new patches in archive

Is that something that should be fixed/adjusted?

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u