Re: Bug tracking

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:34:05 +0200

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:55:54 +0200, Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why not?  I thought the discussion was about putting things reported
> by M-x report-emacs-bug RET into a database?

When I started the thread, I was talking mainly about exactly *that*;
it's more difficult to manage open bugs that ideas for new developments
or things to finish (etc/TODO could be used for that, even if it isn't
right now).

> The mailing list bug-gnu-emacs is nice, but it doesn't provide a list
> of open issues, it doesn't provide a way to get a list of bugs that
> are being worked on by somebody, and so on.

In other words: it doesn't help in managing open issues.  I fully agree.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u