Re: Bug tracking

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:52:27 -0400

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 12:26:27AM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> The interface to the system is less important -- but I don't really
> see how you can use a central tracker database if you are off-line
> most of the time.

It's not important to have an exact to-the-minute copy of the database
(because the rate of change is slow, and conflicts tend not to be critical),
so any solution that allows easy occasional synchronization would be good
enough (and with an email-based system, the synchronization can be one-way --
modification commands typically will get queued with other outgoing email).

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen