Re: Bug tracking

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:20:49 +0200

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:56:13 -0400
Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> Most users are _lazy_ -- if reporting a bug entails a lot of extra work,
> they'll either give up reporting the bug, or they'll just omit all the info
> (if the interface allows it).

Well, two points:

 - Report quality must be not so bad, after all, when many projects use
   IT.  As users usually have to register with an e-mail, interested
   developers can always ask for more info.  That happens right now,
   even with the context information of M-x report-emacs-bug.

 - Certainly, if we are able to use an IT where M-x report-emacs-bug
   creates a report (via de url package or whatever) that'd be great.
   Nobody's proposing dispensing with this interface.

                                                                Juanma