Re: Bug tracking

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:09:34 +0300

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>> Yes, there is existing Emacs Lisp code (but obviously I am biased).
>> It is Ee information manager which displays data from text files
>> in category trees and allows to operate on displayed data:
>> expand/collapse categories, edit data fields, etc.  It's possible
>> to create different views for every data file.  Here is an
>> example http://www.jurta.org/emacs/ee/data/todo.en.html
>> how a possible issue tracker might look.
>
> There is also ewoc.el already included in emacs, which might be useful
> as the basis of a simple emacs bug tracker interface.

Thanks for the information.  It seems ewoc.el might be useful as
a data-view connection between a buffer with BUGS text file and
categorized views displayed by Ee.

However, I think we should start with creating a simple mode
to support editing BUGS text files: fontification and completion of
data fields, adding new records from templates, moving existing
records, etc. with all these operations performed on a file buffer.
And later to add other packages to display statistics, summaries,
categorized views and other such additional features in a separate
view buffer.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/