Re: address@hidden: Speed of all-completions]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Speed of all-completions]
Date: 15 Jun 2004 16:19:38 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> >>                          ^^^^^^^^^^
> >>
> >> Where do you get this idea?
> >
> > From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
> > Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:22:13 +0200
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > This is due to this change:
> >
> >     (Ftry_completion, Fall_completions, Ftest_completion): Bind
> >     case-fold-search to the value of completion-ignore-case when
> >     checking completion-regexp-list.
>
> This is not my change.

I did not claim it was.  You conveniently snipped the rest of the
mail where you explain your fix to the above change.

There is an entry in the src/ChangeLog from you:

2004-06-14  Andreas Schwab  <address@hidden>

        * minibuf.c (Ftry_completion, Fall_completions, Ftest_completion):
        Avoid calling specbind when completion-regexp-list is empty.

Can we now stop this silliness?  You had three changes, one in
Ftry_completion, one in Fall_completions, one in Ftest_completion.
You sent mail explaining the changes and you entered them in
src/ChangeLog.  I posted an amendment and explained the reason for it.

If you want to deny that you made those changes, that's fine with me,
but it adds nothing to the discussion about the viability of the
improvement I proposed to the changes somebody happened to make under
your name.