Re: query-replace-interactive not documented

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive not documented
Date: 16 Jun 2004 04:01:07 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:43:52PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > How about using \'?  After all, we have an unevaled expression
> > following.
>
> I think it should use \, (backslash-comma), as comma is the `unquote'
> chracter for backquote.

That makes sense.  It has the disadvantage as compared to my more
recent proposal \` that it has no running mate like ' to complete the
expression in case that we want to write something like
\`replace-count'}
where otherwise replace-count} would become a single symbol.

Or should we perhaps just discard a single optional _space_ after the
expression?  That would mean also

\,(1+ replace-count) xxx
                    ^ this space would get removed.