Re: C-h C-i

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-h C-i
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:16:03 +0300

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
> `C-h C-i' may be unbound now, but another use might be found for it
> later, one better than simply duplicating what `C-h i' does right now.
> If we bind it to something common and important like `info', it'd be
> hard to change that later.

I don't suggest to make `C-h C-i' an official keybinding for `info'
by documenting it everywhere.  What I propose is only to add it
to help.el as a catcher for cases when users mistype `C-h i'
which now is very probable when switching between Info buffer with
key sequences like C-1 C-h i C-2 C-h i C-3 C-h i C-4 C-h i C-5 C-h i.

If we find a better use for `C-h C-i' later, we can freely rebind it,
since we don't advertise it as an official keybinding for `info'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/