Re: C-h C-i

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-h C-i
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:19:05 -0400

    I don't suggest to make `C-h C-i' an official keybinding for `info'
    by documenting it everywhere.  What I propose is only to add it
    to help.el as a catcher for cases when users mistype `C-h i'

My decision is no.  C-h followed by control characters is only for
commands to display a file.

Lately I have seen people spending a lot of time discussing minor
issues.  This time sink is getting in the way of useful work.
When you see such a discussion develop, please wait a day before
saying anything more.  Then you'll see if I make a decision or not.
If I don't make a decision, you can go back to arguing, if you don't
have anything else to do.