Re: C-h C-i

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-h C-i
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:15:45 +0300

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:
> Beyond that, non-trivial changes have recently been made to the Emacs
> Info reader.  info.texi does not seem to have been updated for them.
> Even though info.texi can be thought of as being mainly a texinfo
> file, I believe that it is important that the version that is included
> with the Emacs distribution accurately describes the Emacs Info reader
> of that distribution.  So I believe that man/info.texi should be
> properly updated before the release.  I do not know whether Juri is
> planning to take care of that.

I haven't updated the Info manual because I plan to make more changes
to the Emacs Info reader: isearch across several Info nodes and a
backward search.  I think these changes should be included into the
next release because the stand-alone Info reader already has these
features and the Emacs Info reader should be as close in functionality
to the stand-alone Info reader as possible.  I hope to finish these
changes in a few days.

Apart from these changes, I documented all installed changes briefly
in etc/NEWS.  So we could start documenting installed changes in the
Info manual and add the newest changes later.  However, I don't know
what is the right procedure for synchronizing the Emacs version of
info.texi with the Texinfo distribution.

If you wish to update the Info manual and know how to sync it with the
Texinfo distribution, please do.  If not, I might take care of that.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/