Re: C-h C-i

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: C-h C-i
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:37:32 -0500 (CDT)

Juri Linkov wrote:

   I haven't updated the Info manual because I plan to make more changes
   to the Emacs Info reader: isearch across several Info nodes and a
   backward search.  I think these changes should be included into the
   next release because the stand-alone Info reader already has these
   features and the Emacs Info reader should be as close in functionality
   to the stand-alone Info reader as possible.  I hope to finish these
   changes in a few days.

I believe it is OK if info.texi gets updated before the next release,
which is not going to be tomorrow.

   Apart from these changes, I documented all installed changes briefly
   in etc/NEWS.  So we could start documenting installed changes in the
   Info manual and add the newest changes later.  However, I don't know
   what is the right procedure for synchronizing the Emacs version of
   info.texi with the Texinfo distribution.

   If you wish to update the Info manual and know how to sync it with the
   Texinfo distribution, please do.  If not, I might take care of that.

You just edit man/info.texi.  I believe Karl takes care of the
synchronization.  It is probably best if you do the updating, since
you know your changes best and I am busy checking certain parts of the
Elisp manual.

Sincerely,

Luc.