Re: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el
Date: 02 Jul 2004 01:38:43 +0200

Stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> > (I suspect transient-mark-mode is not so popular, at least not with me.)
>
> Seeing how much tmm-specific code has been written, I tend to
> believe the opposite.  I suspect tmm is unpopular among Emacs
> veterans but I also suspect that GUI-happy users have a hard time
> believing that it's not enabled by default.

"GUI-happy" users are mostly surprised of its stickiness: they tend
to expect that it is just active when you mark regions with a mouse,
or use a special marking sequence.

We are getting closer with temporary transient-mark-mode on
mouse-drag, but I don't think we are "there" yet with regard to
"expected" behavior.