Re: Malformed interactive spec in replace.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Malformed interactive spec in replace.el
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:05:06 +0200

On 06 Jul 2004 12:31:31 +0200
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> It wasn't here as far as I was able to discern.

I've not followed the replace thread (my message was just to report a
tiny bug which caused a miscompilation), so I don't have an opinion
about that.

> You mean that when a team trainer or team mate is telling his players
> to try harder, the conclusion should be that they all stop trying
> because it appears it would take an effort to succeed?

No.  I mean what it would be good to know whether the team players are
all interested in playing the same game, at the same time, with the same
motivation :)

> Reminding people of things we all agreed on is not "pushing" in my
> book.

Perhaps I read this kind of things differently.  Every time I see a post
saying (with gentler wording, of course) "OK, I get what you're doing,
but, BTW, shouldn't you be doing such and such other thing" I feel the
pushing.

> If I had not already documented all of this in the manual, I'd be
> sorely tempted to rip everything except the basic \, out again since
> it would appear that I have been setting a bad example, even though I
> tried to reach consensus on the list about the immediate desirability
> of those changes before checking them in.

I don't think you've set a bad or good example.  More like you've done
what most of us are doing: concentrate on the release, but finding a bit
of trouble leaving aside our own pet projects or improvements.  But
that's only how I interpret it, of course.

                                                                Juanma