Re: query-replace-interactive

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:00:11 -0400

    > For what it's worth, I can also do
    >
    >    M-% C-w C-w C-w RET
    >
    > since I've added a C-w binding in minibuffer-local-map that mimics
    > isearch's C-w.

    Why not add something like this to Emacs?  Or maybe more general
    character-based command like typing C-f in the end of the minibuffer
    to pull text from the source buffer character by character to the
minibuffer.

No, no, no!  Let's not have more special casing.  People should be
able to rely on standard Emacs commands to do the standard thing.

You can switch windows from the minibuffer to copy text into it.