Re: ECB

From: Berndl, Klaus
Subject: Re: ECB
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:47:40 +0200

>> Assuming ECB is well written and that it can be integrated well with
>> Emacs, we have a choice between installing ECB along with Speedbar, or
>> improving ECB to do all the things that Speedbar does, and replacing
>> Speedbar.  Making ECB subsume Speedbar would produce a simpler editor
>> that is easier to maintain, so that's the option we should aim for.

>I thought (from other posts) that ECB essentially _contained_ speedbar,
>though probably an updated version -- so it seems like there would be
>little pain in moving to ECB from that perspective.

No, this isn't true. ECB can display speedbar in one of its special
buffers/windows but this is more like an additional feature for people
who like speedbar but do not like the extra-frame of speedbar.

Klaus

Klaus Berndl                     mailto: address@hidden
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de
software design & management
Carl-Wery-Str. 42, 81739 Muenchen, Germany
Tel +49 89 63812-392, Fax -220