Re: Mark handling (Was: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el)

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: Mark handling (Was: Changes to emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 21:47:41 +0200

Saluton,

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> skribis:

>     You were nevertheless right: I found out that dragging the mouse to mark
>     something sets transient-mark-mode to 'identity behind my back.  Even
>     with emacs -q.
>
> This is a feature.  When the user drags a region, it is highlighted
> for the next command, and various commands will operate on that region.
>
> Could you explain why this strikes you as a bug?  What is the precise
> sequence of inputs that you use, and what behavior do you see?

I don't care about this itself.  The bug is that after this, the mark is not
active.  If I do (for example)  drag click M->  it says "Mark set".  But then
M-w  complains "The mark is not active now".

This is a fairly recent change, as I do this kind of thing quite often and
never had this error message before.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/