Re: Default via M-n for M-x occur

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Default via M-n for M-x occur
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:55:29 +0300

"Stephan Stahl" <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm a big fan of M-n in read-from-minibuffer and co.

I like M-n too, but only when it provides a reasonable default.

> I think this change to occur-read-primary-args in replace.el would
> be useful:

Currently `occur-read-primary-args' sets the default value to the
last element of the regexp history.  But the whole history list is
available by M-p.  It makes no sense to duplicate the last history
element as a default value available by M-n.

It would be more useful to provide a better default value,
for example, the last isearch regexp.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/