Cbecking xml.el against the Conformance Tests

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Cbecking xml.el against the Conformance Tests
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:30:32 -0400

In order to get something closer to a true XML parser in xml.el, I'm
testing xml.el against the XML Conformance Tests
(http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/).

The first order of business was getting xml.el to understand entity
declarations in the DOCTYPE as these are used extensively in the
Conformance Tests.

If you are interested in the development of xml.el, could you help me
check these code changes?  I've already shaken out quite a few bugs.

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.