Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 19, Issue 62

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 19, Issue 62
Date: 12 Jul 2004 15:12:00 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
> > The array is _not_ initialized,
>
> It is, all current uses do that (they have to due to non-MARK_STACK
> architectures).  And keeping it like this is a good idea anyway.

The way I read the code, the arrays are _not_ initialized.

And no, they don't have to be initialized due to non-MARK_STACK
architectures; the code that puts data into those arrays progressively
GCPROs only the initialized part of the array.

And IMO, it is not a good idea to waste cpu cycles initializing
(large) arrays that are subsequently filled with valid data.

But if you can show me the code that INITIALIZES those arrays, I will
believe you (and remove that code :-).