Re: Emacs routinely gets stuck in single_kboard mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs routinely gets stuck in single_kboard mode
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:57:14 -0400

    > Sorry, I don't follow what you're saying here.
    > The other terminals won't see the buffer that the recursive
    > edit or debug session is in, and there is potential
    > for a lot of confusion.

    I agree, but I think locking up the other displays leads to even more
    problems.

Maybe it should display something saying "Locked by another keyboard"
in all the windows for other keyboards.  That way, the person at that
keyboard will understand why it is locked.

You seem to be envisioning that there is only one user, who uses
the various different keyboards.  I've always thought in terms of
a different user at each keyboard.  Perhaps this is why we have
different ideas of what would be desirable.