Re: grep-minor-mode-map

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: grep-minor-mode-map
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:32:36 -0500 (CDT)

>From my earlier message:

   >From the docstring of the function `grep':

       (defun grep (command-args &optional highlight-regexp)
         "Run grep, with user-specified args, and collect output in a buffer.
       While grep runs asynchronously, you can use \\[next-error] (M-x
         next-error),
       or \\<grep-minor-mode-map>\\[compile-goto-error] in the grep \
       output buffer, to go to the lines
       where grep found matches.

   Is there such a thing as `grep-minor-mode-map'?  Should that be
   `grep-mode-map'?

Grepping finds no grep-minor-mode or grep-minor-mode-map.  Due to
macros defining functions, this may not mean that much, but even
after loading grep.el, grep-minor-mode-map is still not defined.
compile-goto-error is bound to RET in grep-mode-map, so it seems
obvious that grep-mode-map is what is really meant.

Unless there are objections, I will change grep-minor-mode-map to
grep-mode-map in the docstring of grep.

After that `C-h f grep' will still give a somewhat strange looking
output if grep is not loaded, but I guess that nothing can be done
about that.  At least it will look fine if grep is loaded.

Sincerely,

Luc.