Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:59:35 -0400

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:55:52PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> The problem is that all these files are mentioned in
> lisp/mh-e/ChangeLog, so it is very confusing not to find them, or have
> them in another directory.
>
> I understand the reason for having the same ChangeLog in Emacs that
> you have in your primary repository, but given that you already
> move/delete some of the files (as you explained above), perhaps
> editing ChangeLog that is checked into the Emacs CVS would not be such
> a bad idea.

Please, no, it's an extremely bad idea!  This sort of thing just make life
(very) painful for later merging.

People edit past history in ChangeLogs _way_ too much already.  Given that
Emacs hackers are really not going to concern themselves very much about any
file called "*-xemacs*", I think there's little harm in saying "ah well" in
this case, and KEEPING THE CHANGELOG PREPEND-ONLY.

Please.

-Miles
--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train