Re: match-data aborts on mac os x

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: match-data aborts on mac os x
Date: 15 Jul 2004 02:31:19 +0200

bryan o'connor <address@hidden> writes:

> > What about "your search.c is newer than that?" did you not
> > understand?  I just went on bug search for hours and now on
> > rereading all posts for further hints I finally notice that you
> > did not even bother to get the version I explicitly told you had
> > relevant fixes in it.
>
> i thought my first post was clear, my initial bug report was based
> on a fresh cvs version from today.
>
> i explicitly tested 6/28 to show that the 6/29 and 6/30 changes did
> not introduce the bug.

Then that was a misunderstanding.  Those changes _fixed_ a similar
bug, I was not expecting them to be the cause of it.  You are
positive that you have not accidentally missed out on a recompilation
or whatever else when reporting the problem with the current CVS?

Anyway, I don't have slime here.  It would appear that the data
structure it passes to set-match-data is rejected.  Can you verify in
the source whether all calls to set-match-data operate with
unmodified data from a call of match-data?