Re: Gnus update (was: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gnus update (was: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:08:05 -0400

    I would assume that all *important* changes committed by Dave and
    ShengHuo in Emacs' CVS have also been applies in Gnus CVS.

If they were committed by ShengHuo, I expect he took care of the same
problems in the separate Gnus repository too.  That is because he is
one of the main Gnus developers.  Is there a specific reason to expect
that Dave's changes are already in the separate Gnus repository?

    Most of the Gnus changes in Emacs were committed by Stefan Monnier,
    Juanma Barranquero and Andreas Schwab.

Are these people willing to adapt their changes to the latest Gnus?

    None of my changes are needed for Oort Gnus.  Actually I have been using
    Oort Gnus all the time since its first release.

    Andreas.

That simplifies matters--what about Stefan and Juanma's changes?