Re: feature request

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:03:53 -0400

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 04:49:18PM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> > Actually as someone who always uses one (in Emacs), I can safely state
> > that a well-selected background image reduces mental strain quite a bit;
> > I'd say this makes it `more ergonomic'.
>
> Can you post a (URL of a) screenshot?  I wonder what that image might
> look like...

I can but it's not magic -- I just take some background image I like, one
that's not too wild, and reduce the brightness/contrast a bunch.  The result
is something that's not black, but sort of darkish; I find that it feels far
more "open" than a pure-color background of any color.

[BTW, what looks good seems to _strongly_ depend on your monitor -- I can't
use the same one at work and home, even when I was using a CRT in both
cases.]

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.