Re: OS X: C-g does not break out of infinite loop

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: OS X: C-g does not break out of infinite loop
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:38:19 -0700

On Jul 18, 2004, at 11:00 PM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

Hi,
I thought I've explained that in the following message:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-04/msg01015.html

Maybe your concern is another issue?  Anyway, I can test with Mac OS X
10.1.5 if you give me an example that may cause some problems.

I missed that explanation during my prolonged illness. It makes sense, given the rewrite of sys_select (Due to the "why didn't i think of that" part of using ReceiveNextEvent with the timeout instead of unnecessary selects).

So I guess the only thing I need to keep reverifying after each OS release is the vfork problem.

However, I will check it in and let the 10.1 people complain because
the polling appears to work .
Seems like the old patch is applied.  It may cause a hang because of
lack of BLOCK_INPUT/UNBLOCK_INPUT for ReceiveNextEvent, which I
mentioned in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-05/msg00016.html
Could you apply the attached patch over the current CVS?

Done. I have noticed that responding to blocked subcommands still takes a second to respond, which seems odd since it should be 200ms. Have you noticed this as well?

-Steven