Restoring frame configurations and deleted frames.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Restoring frame configurations and deleted frames.
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:06:11 -0500 (CDT)

`(elisp)Deleting Frames' says:

    There is no way to cancel the deletion of a frame aside from restoring
    a saved frame configuration (*note Frame Configurations::); this is
    similar to the way windows behave.

Yet restoring a frame configuration does _not_ seem to restore deleted
frames, neither on a text-only terminal nor under X.  (I configured
using: `./configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars', but I doubt this
makes a difference.)

Is this a bug in the code or in the documentation?

The ielm run below illustrates the claim.  It is obtained using emacs -q.

===File ~/frame-ielm========================================
*** Welcome to IELM ***  Type (describe-mode) for help.
ELISP> (setq f1 (selected-frame))
#<frame address@hidden 0x852d620>
ELISP> (setq f2 (make-frame))
#<frame address@hidden 0x87fee28>
ELISP> (eq (selected-frame) f2)
ELISP> (setq cf (current-frame-configuration))
*** output flushed ***
ELISP> (delete-frame f1)
nil
ELISP> (set-frame-configuration cf)