Re: Tramp and file-precious-flag.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp and file-precious-flag.
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:35:37 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry, what I meant was not that the modtime in `file-attributes'
> would get set to 0, what I meant was that (visited-file-modtime)
> returns 0 after a precious file is saved using Tramp.  I just double
> checked with emacs -q with a file made precious using:
>
> -*- file-precious-flag: t; -*-

OK, now I got. Fixed in Tramp CVS, sync with Emacs CVS will follow
next stable Tramp.

In fact, the problem was due to documentation vagueness of
`write-region'. It is said, that modtime of visited file must be
updated in case `visit' is equal t. Nothing is said if `visit' is a
string. But the code of `write-region' shows it must be updated always
when `visit' is not nil. Is it worth a documentation clarification?

> Sincerely,
>
> Luc.

Best regards, Michael.