Re: Tramp and file-precious-flag.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp and file-precious-flag.
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:00:38 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus wrote:
>
>    In fact, the problem was due to documentation vagueness of
>    `write-region'. It is said, that modtime of visited file must be
>    updated in case `visit' is equal t. Nothing is said if `visit' is a
>    string. But the code of `write-region' shows it must be updated always
>    when `visit' is not nil.
>
> Do you really mean "always when `visit' is not nil" or do you mean
> "when `visit' is t or a string":

Now _I_ have been vague ... The code of write-region in fileio.c looks
like this:

  int visiting = (EQ (visit, Qt) || STRINGP (visit));
  if (visiting)
    current_buffer->modtime = st.st_mtime;

I've been lazy, my changed code in tramp-handle-write-region is:

      (when visit
        (set-visited-file-modtime))

Maybe I should go exactly to the behaviour as implemented in
write-region.

> Sincerely,
>
> Luc.

Best regards, Michael.