Re: void variable

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: void variable
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:59:38 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   I don't think it can be done half-reliably by the byte-compiler.
   I was suggesting a runtime check in Fdefvar.

In that case I definitely believe that it would be important not to
throw an error if the defvar is autoloaded, because that is definitely
an acceptable way to get around the problem (regardless of whether or
not it should be considered the only acceptable way).  Also, it would
be very important not to throw errors for compiler pacifiers like
`(defvar foo)'.  Otherwise, we would get tons of irrelevant error
messages and that would be very annoying for the user.

Would there be a way for the user to turn off these messages?

Sincerely,

Luc.