Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Unicode support for the MS Windows clipboard
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:35:15 +0100

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
Hi Tak,

Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:

This patch introduces the following linking problem.

Thanks for trying it out ;-)

libc.lib(heapinit.obj) : error LNK2005: __heap_init already defined in
temacs1.lib(w32heap.obj)

The patch shouldn't have touched those two.  The only connection is
that w32select.c uses "os_subtype", which I is defined in w32heap.c.
For that w32select.c includes "w32heap.h", that is all the conneciton
there is.

If this is the source of the problem, then moving os_subtype to w32.h might fix it. But first, we must understand why this problem has occurred. Is the new implementation of w32select.c using a C library function that internally mallocs memory using the C library malloc instead of Emacs' one? Or is it the calls to GlobalAlloc that is causing this (in which case there is no conflict).