Re: process output has become a bit random...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: process output has become a bit random...
Date: 01 Aug 2004 02:28:38 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> > > Could you try to set readmax to 1024 ?
> > >
> > > That may break UDP packet receive, but it isn't relevant for this case.
> >

> > Could you also try the following patch (with readmax=4096).
> >
> > I don't expect it to make a lot of difference, but just to rule out
> > the obvious...
>
> [...]
>
> Sorry for the delay, had to go climbing.  The patch does not cure the
> problem.  The problem still occurs with comparable severity.

However, the following patch cures everything then:

This might explain why the changes in buffer size that I did
previously triggered problems: that way the buffer could get larger
than this threshold of 1024 bytes.  It would appear that as soon as
shrink_decoding_region is called via SHRINK_CONVERSION_REGION in
decode-coding-string, things start going haywire.