Re: process output has become a bit random...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: process output has become a bit random...
Date: 03 Aug 2004 04:07:50 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> In article <address@hidden>, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >>  This might explain why the changes in buffer size that I did
> >>  previously triggered problems: that way the buffer could get larger
> >>  than this threshold of 1024 bytes.  It would appear that as soon as
> >>  shrink_decoding_region is called via SHRINK_CONVERSION_REGION in
> >>  decode-coding-string, things start going haywire.
>
> > Thank you for tracking the problem down to here.  I'll check
> > what's wrong with shrink_conversion_region soon.
>
> After intalling auctex and preview-latex, I tried C-c C-p
> C-d on circ.tex (lang. env. is German), but couldn't
> reproduce the problem.

Rats.  You have the threshold for the shrinking significantly lower
than readmax in process.c?

> Attached is the contents of a buffer shown by C-c C-l.
>
> Even though it has this line:
>
> Preview-LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Aug  3 10:41:49

Which is normal.  I probably should try to weazle around producing
this message since people tend to get surprised by it.

> the buffer circ.tex is shown with lots of preview images.  I found
> that C-v doesn't work when a image that is taller than the window
> height is shown, but it seems that this is a different bug.

Quite so.

So let us compare our language environments:

Latin-1 language environment

[...]

Character sets:
  ascii: ASCII (ISO646 IRV)
  latin-iso8859-1: Right-Hand Part of Latin Alphabet 1 (ISO/IEC 8859-1):
ISO-IR-100.

Coding systems:
  iso-latin-1 (`1' in mode line):
        ISO 2022 based 8-bit encoding for Latin-1 (MIME:ISO-8859-1).
        (alias: iso-latin-1 iso-8859-1 latin-1)

[back]