Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows
Date: 04 Aug 2004 22:55:15 +0200

"Peter 'Luna' Runestig" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2004-08-03 06:41, Dhruva Krishnamurthy wrote:
> > What ever approach you/anyone writing an Installation program for
> > MS OS takes, IMO, please make sure we do not have to have _admin_
> > rights to install. This is a real stopper. I have found many users
> > giving up on lot of tools due to this limitation.
>
> Why? Why should "lusers" install new software on a computer?

Because freedom is too important to be contrained to the ranks of
revolutionists and appointed Windows administrators?

That's why we support operating systems like Windows in the first
place when it can be done with reasonable effort and without
sacrificing quality for the free systems.  If you want to have people
come to you, the way is not by barricading their doors and telling
them to jump out of windows if they want to be free.