Re: Rebinding international characters

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Rebinding international characters
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:24:21 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Maybe people don't do it, because it seems like a hastle? If one reads
>> gnu.emacs.help and notices the few threads on binding non-ASCII keys,
>> this is not very encouraging. (If I ask myself, why I don't do it,
>> then I'd probably say that I was too lazy yet to check for the best
>> way to do it.)
>
> My point was not that we should discourage people from doing it, but rather
> that we shouldn't worry about people who use "obsolete" settings (like
> unibyte mode) since it hasn't been working well in the past anyway.
[...]

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood your statement that rebinding those keys
were unusual as meaning that it were not important to care about it.

My bad. Sorry for the noise.

    Oliver
--
Oliver Scholz               5 Fructidor an 212 de la Révolution
Ostendstr. 61               Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!