Re: filling in the minibuffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: filling in the minibuffer
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:38:32 -0400

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 09:14:07PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> Maybe move-to-left-margin should stop at field boundaries?  I'm not
> >> sure this is the correct solution...
> >>
> >> It would make sense for move-to-left-margin to special-case
> >> the minibuffer and treat the end of the prompt as the left margin.
>
> I disagree.  The same problem can most likely happen in
> a (non-mini)buffer.

I agree -- I think it's almost always the case that a field check is better
than a minibuffer check, because exactly the same situation can occur in
other applications of fields (e.g., comint, custom, etc).

BTW, filling in the minibuffer with fields did use to work correctly (I made
sure it was the case when I originally added the field code).

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff