Re: man/kmacro.texi

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: man/kmacro.texi
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:37:37 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

         @node Edit Keyboard Macro
       ! @section Editing a keyboard macro

   It was good to notice this was too long, and shorten it.  The file has
   other long section titles that need shortening and/or changing.  For
   instance, "Where previous keyboard macros are saved" should be "The
   Keyboard Macro Ring".  Can you try cleaning them all up?

   This and other section titles in kmacro.texi need to be capitalized
   like other section titles in the Emacs manual.

I already changed the two section titles discussed above.  I believe
that after that, the two title changes in the patch below should be
sufficient.  The changes make the section titles not only shorter, but
also closer to the node title.  This is useful, since most of the time
people only specify the first argument to @xref and friends, which can
lead to confusing results in hardcopy if section title and node title
are completely unrelated.  I will check whether any third arguments to
@xref and friends need to be changed.

===File ~/kmacro-diff-2=====================================
*** kmacro.texi 21 Aug 2004 20:55:02 -0500      1.5
--- kmacro.texi 21 Aug 2004 23:12:29 -0500
***************
*** 261,267 ****
  executes the previous (rather than the head) element on the macro ring.

  @node Keyboard Macro Counter
! @section Inserting incrementing numbers in macros

    Each keyboard macro has an associated counter which is automatically
  incremented on every repetition of the keyboard macro.  Normally, the

! @section The Keyboard Macro Counter

*** 449,455 ****
  @kbd{C-x C-k l} (@code{kmacro-edit-lossage}).

  @node Keyboard Macro Step-Edit