Re: speedbar.el makes bootstrapping fail.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: speedbar.el makes bootstrapping fail.
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:07:41 -0500 (CDT)

I forgot to include my actual patch, but it pretty much just does what
I already explained.  Here it is:

===File ~/speedbar-diff=====================================
*** speedbar.el 22 Aug 2004 13:04:35 -0500      1.57
--- speedbar.el 22 Aug 2004 14:14:58 -0500
***************
*** 665,676 ****
    "*Regexp matching files we don't want displayed in a speedbar buffer.
  It is generated from the variable `completion-ignored-extensions'")

! ;; This can't be further down, since it is needed just after.
! (defvar speedbar-file-regexp
!   (speedbar-extension-list-to-regex speedbar-supported-extension-expressions)
!   "Regular expression matching files we know how to expand.
! Created from `speedbar-supported-extension-expression' with the
! function `speedbar-extension-list-to-regex'")

  ;; this is dangerous to customize, because the defaults will probably
  ;; change in the future.
--- 665,672 ----
    "*Regexp matching files we don't want displayed in a speedbar buffer.
  It is generated from the variable `completion-ignored-extensions'")

! ;; Ugly compiler silencing trick.  The real defvar comes later.
! (defvar speedbar-file-regexp)

  ;; this is dangerous to customize, because the defaults will probably
  ;; change in the future.
***************
*** 698,703 ****
--- 694,705 ----
         (setq speedbar-supported-extension-expressions val
               speedbar-file-regexp (speedbar-extension-list-to-regex val))))

+ (defvar speedbar-file-regexp
+   (speedbar-extension-list-to-regex speedbar-supported-extension-expressions)
+   "Regular expression matching files we know how to expand.
+ Created from `speedbar-supported-extension-expression' with the
+ function `speedbar-extension-list-to-regex'")
+
  (defcustom speedbar-scan-subdirs nil
    "*Non-nil means speedbar will check if subdirs are empty.
  That way you don't have to click on them to find out.  But this