Re: Filename completion for the 'file widget

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Filename completion for the 'file widget
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:04:01 -0600

Suraj Acharya wrote:
> Since I prefer this second non-expanding behavior I managed to get it to
> work on my local machine by using (concat directory completion) in place
> of (expand-file-name completion directory) in widget-file-complete.

That doesn't seem right.  I was going to suggest something like

        (file-relative-name (expand-file-name completion directory) directory)

but I realized that's equivalent to just completion, so I took a look
at the code in wid-edit.el.  But it's not clear to me (1) why
widget-file-complete expands the pattern nor (2) why it can safely
assume the pattern has a non-nil directory that can be passed as the
second arg to file-name-completion.

--
Kevin Rodgers