Re: Filename completion for the 'file widget

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: Filename completion for the 'file widget
Date: 24 Aug 2004 22:31:48 -0400

>> work on my local machine by using (concat directory completion) in place
>> of (expand-file-name completion directory) in widget-file-complete.
> That doesn't seem right.

But I think it's the only good way.  The normal completion coe uses `concat'
as well.  It should really be something like
(concat (file-name-as-directory dir) completion) to be sure there's a / in
there, and I would argue that it should be made into a function.  Or maybe
change expand-file-name such that you can do something like
(expand-file-name file dir 'relativ)e to prevent `dir' from being
made absolute.

Many pieces of code use concat instead of expand-file-name.  90% of them
should use expand-file-name instead, but the rest can't because it's
important to keep the result non-absolute.  I myself remember settling for
`concat' in pcl-cvs, uniquify, and completion.

        Stefan