Re: term.el and undo

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: term.el and undo
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:40:18 -0400

    > I do not understand what you mean.  Could you describe a precise
    > test case in which this jumping occurs?

    I'd suppose that the terminal has one idea of the cursor location, and
    undo happens at other points.

Maybe so, but to really understand, I need a test case.

    However, since the whole point of term is to provide an
    ncurses-capable terminal, and since undo or any other output or cursor
    movement operation not initiated from the device writing into the
    pseudotty would lead to a discrepancy between the screen contents and
    the application's expectations, _any_ editing by the user including
    undo would seem completely pointless.

Not in line mode, though.