Re: Slow access to files using UNC path

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Slow access to files using UNC path
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:20:26 +0530

Hello,
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:10:50 +0900, "KOBAYASHI Yasuhiro"
<address@hidden> said:
> In message Re: Slow access to files using UNC path
> Easy way avoiding slow access without the patch is
> (setq vc-handled-backends '(RCS CVS SVN SCCS)).

Wow! this works great. I am now able to see the behaviour I wanted to.
Opening and saving are as fast as it would be with any local file.
IMO, this patch _must_ get into GNU Emacs CVS soon so that all others
(if any) suffering from UNC path related performance issues will
benefit. Thank you for such an elegant and simple/clean fix.

with best regards,
dhruva
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Proud FSF member: #1935