Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:21:09 -0300

> However since I have never been able to use any of the above I still wonder
> about colored printouts. I surely want colored printouts on my default ms
> windows printer. Will they allow this? I do not care whether it is a
> PostScript printer or not. I just want the printout. The solution I
> suggested is indeed far from an optimal solution but it gives me the colored
> printout.

Please, read ps-print.el documentation (the comments in the beginning of
ps-print.el source).

You can also remap colors/bold/italic/etc so when printing has the suitable
look in the paper.

Of course, you'll need to have a color PostScript printer. But if you have a
black/white PostScript printer, you can also remap colors/bold/italic/etc to
other things like:

  bold
  italic
  underline
  gray
  strikeout - like underline, but the line is in middle of text.
  overline  - like underline, but the line is over the text.
  shadow    - text will have a shadow.
  box       - text will be surrounded by a box.
  outline   - print characters as hollow outlines.

And a mixing of all above.