Re: nmake install on windows/XP hangs in addpm

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: nmake install on windows/XP hangs in addpm
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:05:43 +0530

Hi,
On 27 Aug 2004 12:11:55 +0200, "Kim F. Storm" <address@hidden> said:

> I have build CVS emacs out of the box this morning on Windows/XP using
> MSVC.
>
> It build (and runs) fine, but it hangs consistently in 'addpm' when I
> run nmake install.
>
> The registry _is_ updated, but the emacs icon is not added to the
> start menu or desktop.
>
> Before digging further into this (I don't really have the time to do
> so right now), I would like to know if anyone else have seen this?

I had faced the same problem but on W2K. The link to mailing list is as
foll:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-05/msg00155.html

It just happens once in a blue moon. I just re-booted the computer and
did an "nmake install", things started working.

with best regards,
dhruva
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Proud FSF member: #1935