Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs Installer for MS Windows
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:08:16 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Riefenstahl" <address@hidden>

> Most OSs have no idea what HTML is.  The user installs a browser of
> his choice (or other tools) and that handles the HTML.  Sorry if this
> sounds pedantic, but my point is "a browser of his choice", which
> implies that in general there is no fixed stable interface to an HTML
> processing facility.
>
> On Windows you always have Internet Explorer, but a) it's printing
> output may not be acceptable and b) it is constantly changing with
> feature updates as well as security patches.

Surprise again. Do you mean that Mac and Linux (to leave out more technical
alternatives) do not have something like Windows Explorer where you can
double-click (or something similar) on a HTML file to open it? Or is not
this feature integrated and available to other programs through some kind of
API?

- Lennart