Re: next-error

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: next-error
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 23:37:56 +0300

Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> writes:
> I maintain a small package that calls next-error, which in Emacs 21.3
> selected the source buffer in accordance with compilation-goto-locus's
> doc string:
>
> | Selects a window with point at SOURCE, with another window displaying ERROR.
>
> But a user reports that in CVS Emacs (specifically, the July 9 snapshot
> available at www.crasseux.com), next-error selects the *grep*
> compilation buffer instead of the source buffer.  Is that true, and is
> the change intentional?  If so, what is the right way to get the source
> buffer after calling next-error now?

I have some changes not yet installed in CVS (I will install them in
the next few days) and one of them is changing the rules for finding
the appropriate source buffer for `next-error'.  Perhaps, this change
will fix your problem.  Could you provide more details about this case?
>From what buffer do you call `next-error'?  What was the command that
produced the last next-error capable buffer?  Maybe, you need to
change the rules in the `next-error-find-buffer' function?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/