Re: Slow access to files using UNC path

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Slow access to files using UNC path
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:17:55 +0530

Hello,
 This is a modified patch (original patch from Mr.KOBAYASHI Yasuhiro)
including Stefan Monnier's suggested regexp. I do not know where to
add the defvar "vc-hostname-fs-path-re" (currently, I have added in
vc-arch.el as autoloads of vc-arch.el appears before vc-mcvs.el in
loaddefs.el. I know this is error prone assumption, this is the best I
could do due to technical limitations) and this should be fixed. This
could also be a defcustom (I am no expert, just a suggestion).
I have tested this patch and it works fine and does what it is
intended to do. I request the patch to be reviewed and someone with
write access to CVS to kindly apply the patch after suitable
modifications to place the definition & default
"vc-hostname-fs-path-re" correctly.

with best regards,
dhruva

Dhruva Krishnamurthy