Re: Slow access to files using UNC path

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Subject: Re: Slow access to files using UNC path
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:52:16 +0530

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:20:03 +0530, Dhruva Krishnamurthy >
> > identify directories on remote hosts, I wonder if only VC is concerned
> > with it.  Perhaps the regexp needs to go to a different place
> > altogether?
>
> I agree with you here. This variable could be in a more generic
> location with a different name too. Ex: remote-folder-regex or
> something like that and this should be defcustom. The default can be
> the one in the patch.

I did some lookup into files.el, there is a function file-remote-p, I
guess we should have a function dir-remote-p. This function can do a
string-match with the regular expression (defcustom) if present or use
the same logic used in file-remote-p (modify to check directory
instead of file). IMHO, this is a clean solution along the lines of
existing code.

with best regards,
dhruva
Dhruva Krishnamurthy