Re: removing duplicate from history by default [was Re: avoid duplicates

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: removing duplicate from history by default [was Re: avoid duplicates in history]
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:02:48 -0400

    Let's reopen the discussion started with the message here:

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-06/msg00021.html

No, please let's not.  What we need to do now is fix the problems
that prevent a release.  Please let's not take up other changes
which are not necessary now.

In order to make a new release, we need to check the manual for errors.
Luc Teirlinck has done a lot of work on this, but hardly anyone else has.

Could you check one chapter of the Lisp manual now?