Re: calendar-goto-iso-week

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: calendar-goto-iso-week
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 21:33:09 +0200

[Mailed and posted]

Detlev Zundel writes:

>> > This is incredibly useful.  Could you please post this
>> > on emacs.devel so it could get included in the main
>> > calendar.el?

Thanks. I'm CCing this to emacs-devel too.

> However I repeatedly have to check the date for a calendar
> week while being on the phone and then I want to type (and
> visually parse) as few as possible so I still think the
> separate function has value on its own.

Yes, that was my motivation too. It's very common in Germany
to refer to calendar weeks when making appointments or
talking about deadlines.

> And to be honest, I didn't even realize I was able to
> achieve this goal with 'calendar-goto-iso-date' as I was
> never able to deduce this from the function name without
> checking the actual code.

It is somewhat unfortunate that one can't find
`calendar-goto-iso-date' using an apropos search with
"calendar.*week", but I can't suggest a better name either.